A WIR! advisory board was established to promote the alliance within the framework of the WIR! program. Its task is to accompany, advise and evaluate the Alliance in the development and implementation of the strategy, with special emphasis on the central program criteria. It assesses and evaluates the research projects of the alliance with regard to their suitability for the strategy and their eligibility for funding.
- MR Stefan Schmitt (Head of Division at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure; Chairman of the Advisory Board),
- Gunnar Bertram (Chairman of the Managing Board of Volksbank Chemnitz),
- Prof. em. Dr. Wolfgang Fengler (emeritus; former TU Dresden (design of railroad facilities)),
- Dr. Michael Leining (Technical Liason Officer at EULYNX),
- Detlef Müller (Member of the Transport Committee of the German Bundestag),
- Markus Reinhardt (Speaker at the Federal Railway Authority),
- Axel Schuppe (Managing Director of the German Railway Industry Association),
- Hans-Joachim Wunderlich (Chief Executive of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Chemnitz).